About me

Friday, September 18, 2015

Interactive Alphabet Notebook (Made with Free Resources)

I have always wanted to try using interactive notebooks with my kindergartners. However, I was a bit skeptical. I was not certain that younger students would be able to handle this activity.  Luckily, I was able to find some free resources, so I could try this before making any major purchases.  If you want to try this yourself, continue reading.  All the links are shared below.

To begin with, I grabbed some thin composition books available through my supply order.  

Next, I downloaded Paige Bessick's Interactive Notebook Letter Sound Practice sheets from TpT. (Here)     Update:  This was a free resource, but is now listed for $2.00.
I also downloaded the notebook cover which was created by Keri Brown. (Here)


Finally, I created some additional pieces.  I created a set of  alphabet pictures for under each flap and a handwriting practice portion.  (Here)
I am thrilled with the results!  Students are doing a terrific job putting the pieces together. This has become one of my favorite activities!

Hints: 
If you noticed from the photos, I have cut out several parts for the children.  All they needed to do was glue them on.  This has made things go very smoothly.

Keep it interactive.  Have students review and discuss previous pages with one another before they add a new part.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment