About me

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Show and Tell Tuesday: Beardies and Bugs

I am linking up with Stephanie over at "Forever in Fifth grade" for "Show and Tell Tuesday." I just have to share about my beautiful beardies!

Meet my new boy!
He is a three year old Bearded Dragon. I adopted him this week. He is quite large, about two feet long. His  name  is Reptar but I just like to call him "Big Boy."

Here is the baby bearded dragon. He's thriving!
He has doubled in length since I have had him. He is up to 10 inches from snout to the tip of his tail. He is shedding like crazy which is a great indicator of growth.


I bought a hornworm to feed to my bearded dragon, but it turned into a pupa before I was able to give it to him to eat! I put it in the net, so I could watch it change. This is a very large moth.  I may do this next year with my class. I found a site that has some resources on it http://earthsbirthday.org/bugs/hornworms



5 comments:

  1. I have thought and thought about a bearded dragon... mostly because I love the idea of having a DRAGON! I have had almost every kind of pet over my years of teaching... but these days, with all the extra time I HAVE to spend in the classroom, I just can't add one more time consuming, and money consuming thing. I have to settle for fish, snails and a little shrimp. It makes me really sad because I love animals and think they are important to kids. GOOD for you! Thanks for sharing and continue to enjoy Big Boy :) See you around. Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I love your bearded dragon. Can you believe I never held one until last year? I should add that I'm 42!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics of your bearded dragons! I'll stick to my furry doodles though...Thanks for linking up!

    Stephanie
    Forever in Fifth Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bearded dragons are so neat. I used to be a little creeped out by reptiles, but I'm starting to really appreciate them (except for snakes). I was considering getting mealworms for the classroom. The kids love to watch things metamorphose.
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really an interesting topic. I had a great time surfing and found some important tips and information from your blog. Keep it up.

    videos for kids

    ReplyDelete