About me

Monday, November 19, 2012

Thanksgiving Activities... Continued


Here is the second version of the giant turkey.  The wings are painted with colorful dots.  

_______________________________________________________

This interactive writing activity was done from the perspective of a turkey.  Students helped to generate sentences and helped with most of the writing.  I had to support the children in friendly letter format, as they were not familiar with this structure.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Finally, we did some study of the pilgrims and the first Thanksgiving.  I showed a video of the first Thanksgiving from the Discovery Education site to create background knowledge. I reread the same Thanksgiving story. During the first reading, I realized this was a very abstract concept for the children.  Their understanding increased after viewing the video. Each child was given one of these to take home.

 

 I got this idea from  the Dollar Tree's website.  I created the Mayflower tag and added the pilgrim.  The pilgrims came from the Making Learning Fun web page. I loved how these turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment