About me

Sunday, February 24, 2013

President's Day Activities

My students have learned about our famous presidents for the very first time.  This required some great books to help students gain background knowledge.  These books were terrific!


After reading about and discussing Lincoln's life we brainstormed what we learned about him and made a circle map.
We also had to write about him.
These Lincoln faces are adorable.  I can't seem to figure out where I found the template.  I tried to retrace my steps, but to no avail.

*********************************************************************************
We also used Vicki Plant's penny toss activity. This activity was on a regular 8 1/2 by 11 piece of paper and we enlarged it on poster paper.  This is a freebie from Teacher's Pay Teachers.

Of course, we had to write about that as well.
 $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Our Washington thinking map was done differently. 
Of course we will be writing from this map too!

This activity is from DLTK.  
(I left off the bow tie.)
Link to Washington Project Template
   
I'll leave you with these simple (student copy) circle maps! Take advantage of all the opportunities this unit has for writing!!





                       

No comments:

Post a Comment