About me

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Mother's Day Craft Idea

Mother's Day will be here soon and I wanted to share a craft that has been floating around our district for the last decade. I don't know where it came from, but it has been passed on from teacher to teacher over the years. It has saved me more than once, when resources have been scarce and a last minute project for Mother's Day was in order!

I know what you are thinking, "Not another Video!"
Well, I grew up in the MTV generation, perhaps my video craze is an unconscious side effect of that!
Seriously, this was the best way to explain this activity.  I don't think a series of photos would have been sufficient.

                               

I also made a card to accompany this project.  It can be used as a simple card or made a bit more elaborate depending on what kind of resources you have available.  
This one has been printed on yellow cardstock, colored with markers and had a photo of the child's head  glued over the bee's face.

Click on the images to download the boy version, girl version  or the inside if desired.  
                                                    


Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

2 comments:

  1. I love the video and think it's a great way to show folks what to do. This is a terrific idea. Thanks so much for sharing it.

    Best,
    Tricia - Bookish Ways in Math and Science

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that comment! I was a bit worried that people would be getting sick of my mug on their computer screens!!

      Delete