About me

Friday, January 24, 2014

Five for Friday (100th Day of School!)

1
Today is our hundredth day of school and Pajama day!
This year we made a Zero the Hero puppet on our 100th day of school.  I am selling these for $1.00 on TPT or TN.
The headband template and the badges they are wearing are free here.
2
I have recently returned from the California Common Core Conference.  The keynote speaker was Donna Whyte (left). I was lucky enough to get to attend one of her sessions involving common core games. I had a very informative session with author Pat Pavelka (below). I learned so much from all my presenters!
3
We have been working in the classroom with winter activities. I made more imitation snow for students to touch and describe on a bubble map.
We also made a mouse project to accompany the Mice on Ice book.


4
This video was very good for introducing snow and I wanted to share it with you.  I did replay and explain the key parts of the video to increase student understanding.

5
Are you planning President's Day activities?
                                                        Hats off to Lincoln!   Hats off to Lincoln!
Grab this freebie from TPT to review addition with Lincoln and his hats.

2 comments:

  1. I AM planning President's Day activities. January and February are my favorite times to teach. SOOO many great themes!

    Mr. Gibbs' Colorful Circus

    ReplyDelete