About me

Friday, August 22, 2014

Blog Hoppin' Freebie Friday Linkups

I don't think I can pick only one thing that I love teaching in kinder!  The teaching themes are super fun and math utilizes an abundance of manipulatives. When the children start to decode, read and write, I am always thrilled and excited! One really fun activity was my "d or b song" and manipulatives! You can try them too, if you'd like. 

It is a very difficult task teaching students the difference between lower case b and d.  I had tried many of the great ideas others have shared, but I still have children that are confused.  This was a bit frustrating for me.   I watched them make mistakes in their reading only because they confused those two letters.  So I tried something a bit off the wall.

This was the concept that "b" can only walk one way on his street.  Likewise, "d" can only walk one way (the other way) on his street. 
A ridiculous song was included!

The b and d pages come with various fonts.  This is great to use in the beginning of the year when you want students to be able to recognize the different looks of the letter.


Click (here) to get the Bb Street page.
Click (here)to get the Dd Street page.
Click (here) to get the various b and d fonts.

Enjoy the show! Hee, hee!


You can also use these manipulatives. These are really fun!

Click (here) to get these for your students.

Kindergarten is the best!!!

Back to link up!

Freebie Fridays

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I love the b and d activities - what a fun way to practice! Thanks for the download - very creative and fun! Nice to meet you on the blog hop! I love connecting with other kinder teachers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you were able to find something useful here. I agree; connecting with other teachers through blogging has been a wonderful experience for me as well.

      Delete