About me

Friday, December 13, 2013

Our Christmas Activities (5 for Fri.)

This year I made a chart that allowed us as a class to analyze each main character in selected books and determine whether they would be placed on Santa's naughty or nice list. This was a really fun way to teach about character and students had to learn to justify their decisions with evidence from the text. My class did so well! I am really excited about what they came up with!
I thought we had finished when it was decided that the gingerbread man was going on the naughty list!  Why? All that taunting he did as he was running away!!

A close-up picture for a bit more detail.
Note:  This the "Ready Freddy" book was not actually the one we read.  I could not get a picture of the actual story.  
Also, Pete is on the chart in two places because of his two different stories: The Wheels on the Bus is the story on the left. Why is he on the naughty list?  I was told by a student that he stood on top of the bus and that was not being safe .

************************************************************************
 Gingerbread Fun!
We started our week off with these fun activities. Here is a copy of the gingerbread pattern for the graph. Just click the image.
************************************************************************
Sorry, still on the headband kick!! Hey, just get on board and grab yours here!!!
****************************************************
Mice on Ice
Each year a teacher friend of mine and I get together with our Scholastic Book orders.  We accumulate points and order a book for each student in our classes for the holiday.  This year my pick was Mice on Ice.  It is a very cute rhyming book and it was perfect for a younger group of students.  I am very excited to give each child this book!
***************************************************************************
Enjoy this video with your gingerbread activities!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment